Sunday, April 24, 2005

car seat install

As Seshu mentioned in his post, car seat installation is a big deal. Something like 9 out of 10 car seats are installed incorrectly.

I of course, being of the male gender and engineering degree in hand, fiercely believe that I am among the 10% who can do it properly. So, i installed our

without too much problem, and i do see the many ways in which an error could be made. Between making sure its level, restricting the side-to-side movement, the fore / aft movement, ensuring the seat belt goes through the appropriate recesses, etc. Although it feels installed fairly well to me, I will go - pride in hand - to my local police station to get it checked.

Unfortunately, the local station only will be checking them the day after the baby is due :-). Definitely check seatcheck.org to find a place near you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home