Tuesday, July 26, 2005

too many hands

Not enough baby....

Time spent in Colorado as a stopover on our move out West was fun. Rohan enjoyed re-acquainting himself with my family. I guess it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise that he had completely forgotten meeting them during his first two weeks life.

Nevertheless with 3 grandparents, 2 parents, and one uncle -- it was a bit of a challenge ensuring everyone got equal access to the baby. Not to mention the fact that this parent, knowing he was going to start a new job that puts him outside of the house from 8 - 5 / 6 ish (vs. the previous arrangement where he was in the house all the time), wanted to maximize his baby time too.

After a rough start things settled down. Though practically everyone we meet tells us to enjoy the brief snippets of time that L and I have to ourselves when the grandparents are watching the baby - it can be difficult to let go. Rohan does new things almost daily - and I hate missing them. But the again, the next 20 years are going to be filled with a gazillion milestones, and I have to realize that I'll miss some, but probably see the most important ones....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home